Long overdue, you may now find the updated photo-class articles.
We hope that they continue to be as useful and helpful as they were.
Many thanks for your support and continuous interest.
Welcome to the home page of !
The main goal of this deviantArt account is to help people that are new to photography to progressively learn the basics through articles, how-to's and tutorials written by different fellow members of deviantArt willing to share what they discovered or learned over time. It is also meant as a resource for intermediate & advanced photographers, gathering techniques, tips and tricks on many subjects.
I. General Information
1. A Short History of Photography
2. The Different Medium Types
II. Photography Basics
1. The Making of a Photograph
a. Composition #1
b. Composition #2
3. Knowing Light
4. Understanding Depth of Field
5. Portrait Photography
III. Photography Techniques
1. How to make a Panorama
2. Macro Photography
3. Landscape Photography
1. Fireworks Photography
2. Digital Infrared Photography
IV. Digital Darkroom
1. Adding Borders to your Photos
2. Basic Techniques: Soft Focus
3. Case Study: Photo Improvement
4. The Curves tool
1. IR Photo: the Photoshop way
We hope you will have fun reading with us and that this little collection of "knowledge" inside deviantArt will prove useful.
Additonal help & writers: